Change of Plans

I had every intention of writing a fabulous 'Friday Confessions & Favorites' post today, complete with two link ups, lots of photos and funnies and starting this Friday off on the right foot.
My plan was to come home from work yesterday, get Abigail settled in with dinner, Mickey Mouse, a bath and then bed, set up my computer, hit play on one of the 87 shows I have recorded on my DVR and get to work.
But plans changed.
We don't have many bad days around here & for that I am forever grateful. But when we do, Abigail makes them count.
I have no idea what happened to my child last night, but she was a total disaster.
Screaming like hell on our drive home, hyperventilating when I took her toothbrush away (perhaps she loves dental care a little too much?) and finally, covering her face in snot when she got so upset that I put her in her crib to go to bed that I'm pretty sure she might be partially blind at this point.
After I went in and out of her room for the better part of 2 hours and nothing I could do was calming her down, I decided to give her the bath that we skipped that night to try and relax her enough to go to sleep. So at 9:30pm, I started the bath and stripped her down. She was happy as could be, splashing around, giving her ducky kisses, the usual. She was even pretty happy when I told her it was time to get out. But when I started putting her PJs back on and she realized that she was going to have to go back to sleep, she went full on psycho on me. I swear I thought her head was going to start spinning.
I set her down in her crib and shut the door.
10 minutes went by and she was still standing and screaming so I went in, picked her up and walked her to our bedroom, where she proceeded to cry and cough so much that she make herself throw up strawberry flavored applesauce all over my side of the bed. Thanks, kid.
At that point, I stripped her down to her diaper, grabbed the fuzziest blanket I could find and wrapped the both of us up on the recliner. She fell asleep as I rocked us both back and forth.
She slept like this, in my arms for almost 2 hours, until Billy got home around midnight.
We put her back in her crib and she slept.
And I cried.
Nights like these are tough.
I felt helpless that I couldn't make my baby feel better.
 And frustrated that she wouldn't stop crying.
Here's to hoping Friday night sucks a little less.

1 comment :